Remove Web companion In Just Few Steps
More infection related to Web companion
|Browser Hijacker||Goong.info, Sysguard2010.com, RewardsArcade, Asafetylist.com, Carolini.net, 98p.com, CoolWebSearch.ctrlpan, Awarninglist.com, SafeSearch|
|Spyware||LinkReplacer, SpyDestroy Pro, DataHealer, iOpusEmailLogger, MalWarrior, TemizSurucu, Savehomesite.com, Backdoor.Win32.IRCNite.c|
|Adware||BrowserModifier.FeedMerge, Win.Adware.Agent-2573, Adware.AdRotator, Proxy-OSS.dll, Adware:MSIL/CashGopher, AdsInContext, SixtyPopSix, TSAdBot, IGN Keywords, Sandboxer|
|Ransomware||Fileice Ransomware, N1n1n1 Ransomware, Vo_ Ransomware, Jager Ransomware, OzozaLocker Ransomware, .zzzzz File Extension Ransomware, Ai88 Ransomware, SynoLocker Ransomware, Il Computer Bloccato ISP Ransomware, AdamLocker Ransomware, RaaS Ransomware, GhostCrypt Ransomware|
|Trojan||Rain, PWSteal.Banker.O, Trojan.Agent-BI, KarmaHotel Trojan, Vundo.A, Trojan-PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.eoaw, Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859|
Easy And Effective Way To Block Web companion From OS
Introduction To Web companion
Web companion is categorized as OS malware which is very dangerous for OS. A OS virus has the ability to make copy of it regularly and spread it with a great speed within the OS. It quickly uses all the available memory space and bring the OS to a halt. On arriving on the targeted OS, it starts replicating itself and distributes its single piece to every corner of the OS. Every time you start your OS , Web companion gets automatically executed. This nasty threat harms the OS at large scale and corrupts the important documents and files stored on the OS.
This virus is also capable of inviting other threats on the compromised OS.
Distribution Methods Of Web companion
When a virus is attached to a program, file or any document, the malware remain unresponsive until some conditions causes the OS to execute its code. In order to infect the OS, you need to run the infected program which at last causes the execution of malicious code. When you download a free software from the internet, the threat within it remain dormant and does not show any sign or symptoms. But the moment you install the free software, the malicious program also get installed along with it. This virus can also infect other OSs attached to network. Web companion spreads itself in other ways also like social media scam links, spam emails and attachments, peer to peer file sharing on the network, downloading funny images, video or audio files and so on.
What Does Web companion Do On The OS ?
The presence of Web companion on your OS makes the OS work abnormally. You will observe that your running application may freeze or crash sometimes. While working online, your web browser may crash and disturbance in the internet connection. Installed security programs and firewall will not work. Your bookmarked sites will be deleted and certain secure sites will be blocked by this Web companion.
Further, Web companion can also steal your sensitive data and information including bank details, passwords, user name, IP address, geographical location, etc. The malware may leave your OS exposed to other threats.
Best Way To Delete Web companion From Windows 7
Method 1 : Block Web companion From Task Manager In OS
- Press ALT+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- Choose Task Manager option.
- Then, select all the process related to Web companion from the running processes then click on End Task button.
Method 2 : Deletion of Web companion From Control Panel In OS
Delete Web companion From Windows XP
- Click Start button and goto and click on Control Panel.
- Click Add or Delete Programs option.
- In the window that appears, locate and DeleteWeb companionrelated programs.
Delete Web companion From Windows 7
- Press Window key present on the keyboard.
- Click Control Panel option.
- Click on Programs option from the Control Panel window.
- Select the Web companion executable file from the list of installed programs.
- Click on Delete option.
Delete Web companion From Windows 8
- Open run box by pressing Window+R keys together.
- Type control panel in the run box and hit Enter key.
- Click on Delete a Program option.
- Select programs related to Web companion and click Delete option.
Delete Web companion From Windows 10
- Click on Start button and select ‘Settings’ option from the Start menu.
- Select OS option under Settings.
- Click on App & Features option.
- Finally, Deleteall the unwanted programs from your OS.
Method 3 : Start Your OS In Safe Mode With Networking
Delete In Windows XP/Vista/7
- Click Start button.
- Goto Shutdown and click Restart button to restart the OS.
- Keep pressing F8 button when the OS starts booting-up.
- Here, goto Advance boot menu present on the screen.
- Choose Safe Mode With Networking option then press Enter key.
Delete In Windows 8/10
- Click on Start button and press Shift key.
- Click on Restart button -> Troubleshoot.
- Now, click on Advanced option.
- Click on Startup Settings option.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode option from the given list and click Restart button.
- Press F5 button for the option Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Method 4 : Delete Web companion From Registry Entry In OS
- Press ‘Windows+R’ keys simultaneously to open Run dialog box.
- In the run box, type ‘regedit’ and click on OK.
- Find out all the registry files related to Web companionand Delete them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default_Page_URL
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings CertificateRevocation = 0
Method 5 : Block Web companion From Firefox
Deletion Of Web companion From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on its menu button.
- From the menu, select Add-ons option.
- In the Add-on Manger tab, click Extension or Appearance panel.
- Select Web companion related add-ons then click on Delete button.
Deletion Of Web companion From Google Chrome
- Click Chrome menu present at the top right corner of the window.
- Click ‘Tools’ option -> Extension.
- Trace out all the extensions of Web companion.
- Click on trash icon to Deletethem from your OS.
Deletion Of Web companion From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools menu.
- Click on ‘Manage Add-ons’ option.
- Click Toolbars and Extension tab.
- Select Web companion related add-ons.
- Click on Disable button.
- Finally, click on More Information button.
- Then, click on Delete button.
Deletion Of Web companion From Microsoft Edge
- Click on (…) button to open the menu of Edge.
- Click on Settings option from the drop down menu.
- Choose and click A specific page or pages option under Open with option.
- Select Custom and then put URL you wish to set the default home page.