Uninstall desktop_media_service.exe from Windows XP
desktop_media_service.exe errors which should also be noticed
0x80244035 WU_E_PT_ECP_FILE_LOCATION_ERROR External cab processor was unable to get file locations., 0x00000018, 0x0000010A, 0x0000005B, 0x0000007C, 0x00000024, Error 0x80070652, 0xC0000218, 0x8024200B WU_E_UH_INSTALLERFAILURE The installer failed to install (uninstall) one or more updates., 0x80240019 WU_E_EXCLUSIVE_INSTALL_CONFLICT An exclusive update cannot be installed with other updates at the same time., Error 0x80240031, 0x80243002 WU_E_INSTALLATION_RESULTS_INVALID_DATA The results of download and installation could not be read from the registry due to an invalid data format., 0x0000000D, 0x000000F7
Easy And Effective Way To Do Away With desktop_media_service.exe From OS
Introduction To desktop_media_service.exe
desktop_media_service.exe is categorized as OS malware which is very dangerous for OS. A OS virus has the ability to make copy of it regularly and spread it with a great speed within the OS. It quickly uses all the available memory space and bring the OS to a halt. On arriving on the targeted OS, it starts replicating itself and distributes its single piece to every corner of the OS. Every time you start your OS , desktop_media_service.exe gets automatically executed. This nasty threat harms the OS at large scale and corrupts the important documents and files stored on the OS.
This virus is also capable of inviting other threats on the compromised OS.
Distribution Methods Of desktop_media_service.exe
When a virus is attached to a program, file or any document, the malware remain unresponsive until some conditions causes the OS to execute its code. In order to infect the OS, you need to run the infected program which at last causes the execution of malicious code. When you download a free software from the internet, the threat within it remain dormant and does not show any sign or symptoms. But the moment you install the free software, the malicious program also get installed along with it. This virus can also infect other OSs attached to network. desktop_media_service.exe spreads itself in other ways also like social media scam links, spam emails and attachments, peer to peer file sharing on the network, downloading funny images, video or audio files and so on.
What Does desktop_media_service.exe Do On The OS ?
The presence of desktop_media_service.exe on your OS makes the OS work abnormally. You will observe that your running application may freeze or crash sometimes. While working online, your web browser may crash and disturbance in the internet connection. Installed security programs and firewall will not work. Your bookmarked sites will be deleted and certain secure sites will be blocked by this desktop_media_service.exe.
Further, desktop_media_service.exe can also steal your sensitive data and information including bank details, passwords, user name, IP address, geographical location, etc. The malware may leave your OS exposed to other threats.
Guide To Uninstall desktop_media_service.exe From Windows 8
Method 1 : Do Away With desktop_media_service.exe From Task Manager In OS
- Press ALT+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- Choose Task Manager option.
- Then, select all the process related to desktop_media_service.exe from the running processes then click on End Task button.
Method 2 : Deletion of desktop_media_service.exe From Control Panel In OS
Uninstall desktop_media_service.exe From Windows XP
- Click Start button and goto and click on Control Panel.
- Click Add or Uninstall Programs option.
- In the window that appears, locate and Uninstalldesktop_media_service.exerelated programs.
Uninstall desktop_media_service.exe From Windows 7
- Press Window key present on the keyboard.
- Click Control Panel option.
- Click on Programs option from the Control Panel window.
- Select the desktop_media_service.exe executable file from the list of installed programs.
- Click on Uninstall option.
Uninstall desktop_media_service.exe From Windows 8
- Open run box by pressing Window+R keys together.
- Type control panel in the run box and hit Enter key.
- Click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Select programs related to desktop_media_service.exe and click Uninstall option.
Uninstall desktop_media_service.exe From Windows 10
- Click on Start button and select ‘Settings’ option from the Start menu.
- Select OS option under Settings.
- Click on App & Features option.
- Finally, Uninstallall the unwanted programs from your OS.
Method 3 : Start Your OS In Safe Mode With Networking
Uninstall In Windows XP/Vista/7
- Click Start button.
- Goto Shutdown and click Restart button to restart the OS.
- Keep pressing F8 button when the OS starts booting-up.
- Here, goto Advance boot menu present on the screen.
- Choose Safe Mode With Networking option then press Enter key.
Uninstall In Windows 8/10
- Click on Start button and press Shift key.
- Click on Restart button -> Troubleshoot.
- Now, click on Advanced option.
- Click on Startup Settings option.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode option from the given list and click Restart button.
- Press F5 button for the option Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Method 4 : Uninstall desktop_media_service.exe From Registry Entry In OS
- Press ‘Windows+R’ keys simultaneously to open Run dialog box.
- In the run box, type ‘regedit’ and click on OK.
- Find out all the registry files related to desktop_media_service.exeand Uninstall them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default_Page_URL
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings CertificateRevocation = 0
Method 5 : Do Away With desktop_media_service.exe From Internet Explorer
Deletion Of desktop_media_service.exe From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on its menu button.
- From the menu, select Add-ons option.
- In the Add-on Manger tab, click Extension or Appearance panel.
- Select desktop_media_service.exe related add-ons then click on Uninstall button.
Deletion Of desktop_media_service.exe From Google Chrome
- Click Chrome menu present at the top right corner of the window.
- Click ‘Tools’ option -> Extension.
- Trace out all the extensions of desktop_media_service.exe.
- Click on trash icon to Uninstallthem from your OS.
Deletion Of desktop_media_service.exe From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools menu.
- Click on ‘Manage Add-ons’ option.
- Click Toolbars and Extension tab.
- Select desktop_media_service.exe related add-ons.
- Click on Disable button.
- Finally, click on More Information button.
- Then, click on Uninstall button.
Deletion Of desktop_media_service.exe From Microsoft Edge
- Click on (…) button to open the menu of Edge.
- Click on Settings option from the drop down menu.
- Choose and click A specific page or pages option under Open with option.
- Select Custom and then put URL you wish to set the default home page.