Delete Backdoor.Athena from Internet Explorer
Backdoor.Athena causes following error
Error 0xC0000001, 0x00000075, 0x00000059, 0x80244030 WU_E_PT_ECP_INIT_FAILED The external cab processor initialization did not complete., 0x00000119, 0x80246001 WU_E_DM_URLNOTAVAILABLE A download manager operation could not be completed because the requested file does not have a URL., 0x80240011 WU_E_INVALID_RELATIONSHIP An invalid update relationship was detected., 0x0000003F, 0x000000D0, 0x00000031, 0x80243003 WU_E_INSTALLATION_RESULTS_NOT_FOUND The results of download and installation are not available; the operation may have failed to start., 0x80244029 WU_E_PT_INVALID_CONFIG_PROP A configuration property value was wrong.
Easy And Effective Way To Fix Backdoor.Athena From PC
Introduction To Backdoor.Athena
Backdoor.Athena is categorized as PC malware which is very dangerous for PC. A PC virus has the ability to make copy of it regularly and spread it with a great speed within the PC. It quickly uses all the available memory space and bring the PC to a halt. On arriving on the targeted PC, it starts replicating itself and distributes its single piece to every corner of the PC. Every time you start your PC , Backdoor.Athena gets automatically executed. This nasty threat harms the PC at large scale and corrupts the important documents and files stored on the PC.
This virus is also capable of inviting other threats on the compromised PC.
Distribution Methods Of Backdoor.Athena
When a virus is attached to a program, file or any document, the malware remain unresponsive until some conditions causes the PC to execute its code. In order to infect the PC, you need to run the infected program which at last causes the execution of malicious code. When you download a free software from the internet, the threat within it remain dormant and does not show any sign or symptoms. But the moment you install the free software, the malicious program also get installed along with it. This virus can also infect other PCs attached to network. Backdoor.Athena spreads itself in other ways also like social media scam links, spam emails and attachments, peer to peer file sharing on the network, downloading funny images, video or audio files and so on.
What Does Backdoor.Athena Do On The PC ?
The presence of Backdoor.Athena on your PC makes the PC work abnormally. You will observe that your running application may freeze or crash sometimes. While working online, your web browser may crash and disturbance in the internet connection. Installed security programs and firewall will not work. Your bookmarked sites will be deleted and certain secure sites will be blocked by this Backdoor.Athena.
Further, Backdoor.Athena can also steal your sensitive data and information including bank details, passwords, user name, IP address, geographical location, etc. The malware may leave your PC exposed to other threats.
How To Uninstall Backdoor.Athena From Windows XP
Method 1 : Fix Backdoor.Athena From Task Manager In PC
- Press ALT+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- Choose Task Manager option.
- Then, select all the process related to Backdoor.Athena from the running processes then click on End Task button.
Method 2 : Removal of Backdoor.Athena From Control Panel In PC
Uninstall Backdoor.Athena From Windows XP
- Click Start button and goto and click on Control Panel.
- Click Add or Uninstall Programs option.
- In the window that appears, locate and UninstallBackdoor.Athenarelated programs.
Uninstall Backdoor.Athena From Windows 7
- Press Window key present on the keyboard.
- Click Control Panel option.
- Click on Programs option from the Control Panel window.
- Select the Backdoor.Athena executable file from the list of installed programs.
- Click on Uninstall option.
Uninstall Backdoor.Athena From Windows 8
- Open run box by pressing Window+R keys together.
- Type control panel in the run box and hit Enter key.
- Click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Select programs related to Backdoor.Athena and click Uninstall option.
Uninstall Backdoor.Athena From Windows 10
- Click on Start button and select ‘Settings’ option from the Start menu.
- Select PC option under Settings.
- Click on App & Features option.
- Finally, Uninstallall the unwanted programs from your PC.
Method 3 : Start Your PC In Safe Mode With Networking
Uninstall In Windows XP/Vista/7
- Click Start button.
- Goto Shutdown and click Restart button to restart the PC.
- Keep pressing F8 button when the PC starts booting-up.
- Here, goto Advance boot menu present on the screen.
- Choose Safe Mode With Networking option then press Enter key.
Uninstall In Windows 8/10
- Click on Start button and press Shift key.
- Click on Restart button -> Troubleshoot.
- Now, click on Advanced option.
- Click on Startup Settings option.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode option from the given list and click Restart button.
- Press F5 button for the option Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Method 4 : Uninstall Backdoor.Athena From Registry Entry In PC
- Press ‘Windows+R’ keys simultaneously to open Run dialog box.
- In the run box, type ‘regedit’ and click on OK.
- Find out all the registry files related to Backdoor.Athenaand Uninstall them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default_Page_URL
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings CertificateRevocation = 0
Method 5 : Fix Backdoor.Athena From Internet Explorer
Removal Of Backdoor.Athena From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on its menu button.
- From the menu, select Add-ons option.
- In the Add-on Manger tab, click Extension or Appearance panel.
- Select Backdoor.Athena related add-ons then click on Uninstall button.
Removal Of Backdoor.Athena From Google Chrome
- Click Chrome menu present at the top right corner of the window.
- Click ‘Tools’ option -> Extension.
- Trace out all the extensions of Backdoor.Athena.
- Click on trash icon to Uninstallthem from your PC.
Removal Of Backdoor.Athena From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools menu.
- Click on ‘Manage Add-ons’ option.
- Click Toolbars and Extension tab.
- Select Backdoor.Athena related add-ons.
- Click on Disable button.
- Finally, click on More Information button.
- Then, click on Uninstall button.
Removal Of Backdoor.Athena From Microsoft Edge
- Click on (…) button to open the menu of Edge.
- Click on Settings option from the drop down menu.
- Choose and click A specific page or pages option under Open with option.
- Select Custom and then put URL you wish to set the default home page.